From OpenWetWareAdd to My Links
1. The problem, briefly stated
We need an easy, secure and efficient way to store all our files.
2. Current specifications our backup system
Most people use Bionet to backup their files.
- Storage space (as of 2007-01-16):
- total: 110GB
- used: 86GB
- available: 24GB
- Where is it physically located?
- Building 68, 3rd floor
- Are Bionet files regularly copied and stored somewhere else?
- Yes, to the MIT datacenter in W91.
- Problems with Bionet:
- Not enough space to backup all our files e.g. microscope images
3. Ideal specifications of our future backup system
(lab and individual data storage, sharing and backup needs - please list what would you like have available)
- Capacity: we want to be able to store all files in a single location
- Easy: automatic backup
- Secure: the backup system shouldn't be located in building 68, in case of a fire
- Efficient backing up or retrieving files should be speedy