Endy:Evolutionary stability project
From OpenWetWareAdd to My Links
This page will help coordinate the experimental/computational work being undertaken to improve the evolutionary stability of engineered biological systems. Read here for more background.
- Evaluate and select several counter-selectable markers.
- Evaluate a method for reliable long-term cell growth in E.Coli. These include:
- Batch dilutions
- Measure mutation rate of counter-selectable marker in long-term culture.
- Develop an codon optimization algorithm for specifying a new DNA seq for the counter-selectable marker
- Background research on the mechanisms by which cell spontaneiously mutate, the start of this can be found here.
- Synthesize counter-selectable marker with "stabilized" sequence
- Measure the mutation rate of the new marker.
- E.Coli book chapter 18 (Mutagenesis)
- Schaaper, R. M. and R. L. Dunn (1991). "Spontaneous mutation in the Escherichia coli lacI gene." Genetics 129(2): 317-26.
- Jasonk 21:40, 15 March 2006 (EST):Example of a characterization of the "mutation spectra" for a gene.
- Cell density regulation circuit lost function in ~70hrs in a 50ml chemostat culture
- You L, Cox RS 3rd, Weiss R, and Arnold FH. . pmid:15064770.