From OpenWetWareAdd to My Links
The klett machine is useful for taking OD's without needing to actually remove samples from your culture.
- Turn the knob on the power source to 100% and let the bulb warm for 5 minutes
- Note: make sure the switch on the right hand side of the machine is set to off, only turn that switch on when there is a sample in the light path to avoid damaging the machine.
- If the light does not come on the bulb may be out, also check that the power switch is turned on and the switch on the light itself is on.
- Set the reading to zero by turning the knob on the face of the machine.
- Zero the machine by turning the knob on the top of the machine until the red arrow and line are aligned.
- Insert a blank, flip the switch on the side of the machine to on and align the red arrow and line by turning the knob at the back of the machine.
- You will need to blank the machine for any samples taken during the 1st hour the lamp is on since the intensity will be fluctuating.
- Flip the switch on the side of the machine to off and remove blank.
- Insert sample and flip switch onside of machine to on
- Turn knob on face of machine until arrow aligns, and then the value on the meter is the Klett reading for your sample.
- The power source can be left at 30% to keep bulb warm if you aren't spending much time between samples. (<2hrs) Otherwise turn the power to 0% and turn back on for next sample.
- Max volume in 250ml Klett flasks is 40ml.
- Klett flasks are located in the glassware cabinet in the main hallway outside 68-558D
- Klett machine is located on Sri's bench