From OpenWetWareAdd to My Links
This project is in progress -- results described are preliminary.
Construction of engineered biological systems from collections of standard biological parts requires mechanisms for rapid and reliable characterization of parts. Additionally, the difficulty of rational part design necessitates library screening systems that can be employed in service of tuning part performance. Here we describe pSB1A10, a system for both characterizing and screening transcription-based parts based on their input / output function. We demonstrate the successful operation of this system by characterizing and tuning genetic inverters and transcriptional terminators.
Current Experimental Work
- Construction of Screening plasmid 1.5 -- Andrzej
- Construction of hairpin test constructs -- jason
- Development of RBS library for tuning expression level -- jason
- Characterization of empty Screening Plasmid 1.0 with different induction approaches.
Screening Plasmid 0.X
Screening Plasmid 1.0
Screening Plasmid 1.5
This version of the screening makes use of an AHL-based induction system (<bbpart>F2620</bbpart>).
Screening Plasmid 2.0
We are in the process of designing a new version of the screening plasmid to account for some of the shortcomings of the previous version. Details can be found here:
- Registry technical report (in progress)
Error fetching PMID 12402322:
- Error fetching PMID 12080425:
- Error fetching PMID 12402322: