The Endy lab has a Perkin Elmer Victor3 plate reader with 2 dispenser pumps. If you are interested in trying our plate reader or finding out more about it, contact Barry. The machine can make the following classes of measurement -
- Time-resolved fluorometry
- Fluorescence polarization
We have a variety of filters to be used with these measurements, they are described here. If you haven't used the machine before, have a look at this overview of using the plate reader. If you have used this machine or similar machines, have a look at some of the usage notes and data analysis pages listed below. All contributions are welcome.
Plate reader sign-up
We're testing a google calendar as a replacement for the old paper sign-up sheet. You can view the sign-up sheet in a couple of ways -
- If you an application that allows you to subscribe to iCal files, then use this iCal link.
- If you have an rss reader, you can use this xml link.
- If you have a gmail account, search for "Endy Plate Reader Sign Up" in google calendar.
If you would like to sign up for time on the plate reader, you can
- Send your gmail address to me and I'll give you edit access to the calendar.
- Even if you don't have a gmail address, you can create a google calendar account with your MIT email address. Just go to this link and create an account. If you send me your google account name, I'll give you edit access.
- If you don't have a gmail account, you can still view the calendar using one of the methods described above and email Barry with the times for which you would like to sign up.
Creating a basic protocol
Creating and choosing labels
What is a label?
Detection limits and linear range
Setting an appropriate lamp energy
Running a protocol
Counteracting evaporation in long time courses
Basic data analysis
Converting from absorbance to OD600
Data analysis tools
When things go bad
- Instrument serial number - 4206012
- Perkin Elmer Contact - 8007624000 (add a 91 prefix from an MIT phone). Choose option 3 and option 3 again to talk to tech. support.
- Endy:Victor3 Service History