Endy:dNTP stock solution
From OpenWetWareAdd to My Links
Each individual dNTP comes as 25 μmol in 100 mM solution. The lids are color-coded to each nucleic acid.
- Dilute these in DI water to 2.5 mM to get four tubes of diluted dNTP, i.e., n*(1 μl dNTP + 39 μl water).
- Combine these in equal amounts to yield a 10x solution for use in PCR.
I don't know if there's any advantage other than to minimize freeze-thaw cycles to keeping intermediate dilutions of individual dNTPs rather than combining them immediately into the 10x solution.
Sean 17:50, 30 Aug 2005 (EDT)
My dNTP stocks are:
- 100x: 25mM each dNTP. Combine equal volumes of 100 mM individual dNTPs.
- 10x: 2.5mM each dNTP. Dilute back 100x stock 1:10.
- Working concentration: 250 μM
-Jkm 10:04, 31 Aug 2005 (EDT)