Protocol: Fast yeast transformation
- Add 50 µl carrier DNA to a 1.5 ml tube.
- scrap cells from plate and add to the carrier DNA.
- Add in the following order:
- 1-2 µl DNA-plasmid (up to 30-50 µl)
- 240 µl PEG (50%)
- 36 µl Li-Ac (1M)
- resuspend with blue tip
- incubate at 30°C or RT at least 30 min
- heat shock: 45°C, 15 min (or 42°C for 20 min)
- spin down, resuspend in 100μl H2O and plate everything on corresponding medium
Following is the Freimoser:Fast yeast transformation protocol in BioCoder, a high-level programming language for expressing biology protocols. What you see here is the auto-generated text ouput of the protocol that was coded up in BioCoder(see Source code). More information about BioCoder can be found on my home page. Feel free to mail me your comments/ suggestions.Vaishnavi
- Plasmid: 100 ng - 1 µg
- carrier DNA: salmon/herring sperm DNA in H2O, 2mg/ml stock, 500 µl aliquots, heat-inactivated at 95°C for 5-6 min and put on ice before use (has to be done once).
- 50% poly-ethylen-glycol (PEG) (MW 3'350) solution, filter-sterilized
- 1M Li-Acetate, autoclaved
- Gietz D, St Jean A, Woods RA, and Schiestl RH. . pmid:1561104.