G.tigrina Hox gene DthoxC insertion into prokaryote E.coli / (by UNIamCloning)/2011/10/27

From OpenWetWare

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Entry title)
(Entry title)
Line 7: Line 7:
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
<!-- ##### DO NOT edit above this line unless you know what you are doing. ##### -->
==Entry title==
==Entry title==
-
* Today in lab we made more plates using the rest of our samples.  We used three samples of ATF1 from 2009, three samples of GFP from 2009, two samples each of ATF1 and GFP from 2010, and two samples each of these parts from 2011.  Also, a negative control (water and competent cells) was used totaling fifteen ampicillin plates used.  Each plate was loaded with 200µl of sample and when this process was complete we put all the plates into an oven overnight.  Hopefully we will see some growth tomorrow!
+
* Today in lab we made more plates using the rest of our samples.  We used three samples of ATF1 from 2009, three samples of GFP from 2009, two samples each of ATF1 and GFP from 2010, and two samples each of these parts from 2011.  Also, a negative control (water and competent cells) was used totaling fifteen ampicillin plates used.  It was decided not to make a positive control, a negative control on a non-ampicillin plate, or a sample of competent cells only on a non-ampicillin plate because we already knew from our last trial of control plates that they are still living post-transformation.  Each plate was loaded with 200µl of sample and when this process was completed we put all the plates into an oven overnight.  Hopefully we will see some growth tomorrow!

Revision as of 18:56, 27 October 2011

Project name Main project page
Previous entry      Next entry

Entry title

  • Today in lab we made more plates using the rest of our samples. We used three samples of ATF1 from 2009, three samples of GFP from 2009, two samples each of ATF1 and GFP from 2010, and two samples each of these parts from 2011. Also, a negative control (water and competent cells) was used totaling fifteen ampicillin plates used. It was decided not to make a positive control, a negative control on a non-ampicillin plate, or a sample of competent cells only on a non-ampicillin plate because we already knew from our last trial of control plates that they are still living post-transformation. Each plate was loaded with 200µl of sample and when this process was completed we put all the plates into an oven overnight. Hopefully we will see some growth tomorrow!


Personal tools