- Python tutorial. Meet at 2:30 pm in NRB lobby.
Due Feb 27:
- February 22: Complete Feb 13 assignment, including complete feature set we discussed in class.
- Project Page: Start populating project page with project ideas and roadmaps.
Focuses on modern technologies with exponential growth and their impact on global quality of life through weekly updated Wiki class project (in-depth case studies on personal genomics and/or biofuels). Integrating knowledge, tools for research, and commercial decision-making concerning new aspects of bioengineering, personalized medicine, genetically modified organisms, and stem cells. Interplays of biophysical, ecological, economic, and social/ethical modeling will be explored through multi-disciplinary teams of students, and individual brief reports.
Potential course projects
- Analytic: Bioweather map. Collection and use of real-time assays to track virus outbreaks, etc.
- Synthetic: Bioenergy. Integrated metabolic, genetic, economic, process, environmental modeling.
H. sapiens 2.0
- Meeting time: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00—11:30 am
- First class Thu 1-Feb-2007.
- Location: Barker Center, Room 316
- No exams
- No prerequisites
- 25% Participation
- 25% Personal wiki page (weekly assignments)
- 25% 5-minute presentations
- 25% Contribution to group project
Background Info and previous class projects