Incubation in Liquid Media 7/27/13
- Gathered 3 culture tubes, the three plates(mine, David's, and Heather's), LB+amp broth, a pipetter and a micropipette.
- Labled each tube with LB+amp, each person's initials on their respective culture tubes, and plasmids (Me-KAH013, David-KAH06, Heather- also KAH013).
- Used pipetter and the 5 mL pipette tip to transfer 3mL of LB+amp broth to my culture tube.
- Circled the colony I selected on my plate and then used the micropipette to lightly touch the colony and ejected the micropipette tip into my culture tube.
- Followed the same procedure with David's and Heather's culture tubes and plates.
- Placed all three tubes into the incubator.
- Plates were wrapped in parafilm and placed inside the silver fridge.
NOTE: Plates were NOT wrapped in parafilm when I first saw them, so colonies may have been dried/dead when they were chosen
Plates were placed in the silver fridge on top of the blue plastic lid.