4.14.08: Previous projects
- I'd be willing to also look over USCF if we need to cover all the presentations. - Allem
- I would also be willing to team up with Allen to present UCSF's 2007 Presentation if it's OK with everyone. - Robert
- In regard to the latest email, I'll just do Peking's ppt. -Allen
- An incomplete list of project ideas is below. Pick one, or add your own.
- Bactofood (food supplement)
- Mouthwash (and/or deodorant)
- Gut flora engineering
- CO2 mineralization
- Healthbots (patrolling the blood stream)
Remember, describe the 'big picture' idea, then try to break it down into smaller projects. First look at large pieces - what kinds of abilities would you need (bind to X, produce Y, destroy Z) to accomplish the big picture? Next, think about how you'd produce those abilities (protein α will bind to X, pathway β would produce Y, etc). Bonus points if you can break it down into five separate mini-projects. More bonus points if things would still work with less-than-total success (we need A and B to work to declare success, but C and D would make it cooler. E would be awesome and interesting even if nothing else worked).
- Gut flora
Victoria | Folate Production
- Elowitz MB and Leibler S. . pmid:10659856.
- Gardner TS, Cantor CR, and Collins JJ. . pmid:10659857.
- Adventures in Synthetic Biology
- Fung E, Wong WW, Suen JK, Bulter T, Lee SG, and Liao JC. . pmid:15875027.
- Ro DK, Paradise EM, Ouellet M, Fisher KJ, Newman KL, Ndungu JM, Ho KA, Eachus RA, Ham TS, Kirby J, Chang MC, Withers ST, Shiba Y, Sarpong R, and Keasling JD. . pmid:16612385.
- Anderson JC, Clarke EJ, Arkin AP, and Voigt CA. . pmid:16330045.
- You L, Cox RS 3rd, Weiss R, and Arnold FH. . pmid:15064770.
- Endy D. . pmid:16306983.
- Voigt CA. . pmid:16978856.
- Andrianantoandro E, Basu S, Karig DK, and Weiss R. . pmid:16738572.