(Difference between revisions)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
Revision as of 10:30, 5 July 2006
- Our goal is to to design and implement molecular containers, which can be dynamically opened and closed by an external stimulus.
- The containers will be implemented as DNA nanostructures, which afford a significant degree of positional control and chemical versatility.
- As an initial proof-of-concept, we plan to use our DNA containers to demonstrate controllable activation ("delivery") of anti-thrombin aptamers.
- We expect that molecular containers could have several interesting scientific and clinical applications, such as
- Drug and gene delivery
- Bio-marker scavenging (early detection of biomarkers)
- Directed evolution (compartmentalized selections)
- Using multiplexing for combinatorial chemical synthesis
- Capture and stabilization of multiprotein complexes
- Protein folding (chaperones)
- Cell sorting