Brainstorming of Possible Adhesion Targets (feel free to add/reorganize/whatever--I just thought I'd get this started):
- Mosquito gut epithelial cells as targets
~~Mammalian cell surface proteins~~
~~Protozoan membrane proteins~~
- By the way, I was thinking about expressing plasmodium falciparum proteins on the surface of E coli and maybe showing somehow that an immune rxn can be elicited in mice or sthing like that e.g. in humans, "High levels of plasma chitotriosidase are a marker of macrophage activation..."
- Speaking on targets, heregoes:
- MSP-1 --> well characterized
- EBA-175, a 175 kDa 'erythrocyte binding antigen' from P. falciparum
- DBP, Duffy-binding protein from P. vivax and P. knowlesi
- SSP2, Plasmodium sporozoite surface protein-2. Also known as TRAP (thrombospondin-related adhesive protein).
- Proteins with homology to SSP2/TRAP from Toxoplasma (MIC2), Eimeria (Etp100), and Cryptosporidium
- CTRP, circumsporozoite- and TRAP-related protein of Plasmodium found in the ookinete stage
- (see http://www.tulane.edu/~wiser/malaria/cmb.html#junction)
- MSP-1 polypeptide fragments
~Viral Membrane Proteins~
- Influenza A M2 Protein
Hemaglutinin Semliki Forest membrane proteins Epstein Barr LMP1/LMP2 HIV gp120
~Cancer Membrane Proteins~ Eag1 potassium channels Muc1 NGEP-L
Btw, can we reorganize the brainstorming page to put the older brainstorming into folders or something and only have the stuff relevant to our project still on the front page? I have no idea how to do this...thanks. -Shaunak
Hope you like the formatting.