IGEM:Harvard/2007/Laboratory Notebooks/Bacterial Targeting Protocol/Week 9
< IGEM:Harvard | 2007 | Laboratory Notebooks | Bacterial Targeting Protocol
Transformation of OMPA loop his and strep (8/14/07)
- Add 1 µl of the DNA solution directly to the cells. Stir gently to mix.
- Place the tubes on ice for a little more than 5 minutes
- Heat the tubes for about 45 seconds in a 42°C water bath; do not shake
- Place on ice for 2 minutes
- Add 250 µl of room temperature SOC Medium to each tube
- Shake at 37°C (300 rpm) for more than 30 minutes.
- Use sterile spreaders to spread the bacteria on an LB Carb plate.
Liquid Cultures for OMPA loop strep (8/17/07)
- Prepared liquid cultures
- 5 ml LB
- 5 ul amp
- single colony
Streak Plate for OMPA loop his (8/17/07)
- Used multiple streaks to dilute the plate, which was a lawn of bacteria with nearly indistinguishable colonies.