Experiments for the Output Amplification Model
Output Amplification Model
- Determine the maximum concentration of sD that
cells can produce (in vivo): Compare activity with 2.
- Determine how much XylE we need to produce
prior to adding Catechol (in vitro first, maybe in vivo
afterwards). In vivo IPTG: Compare cultures that
have less of it.
- Determine XylE and TEV production (in vivo).
Use robot to induce production and measure
activities TEV (FRET pairs with TEV link).
- Degradation of XylE (in vivo or in vitro if cell division
is not taken into account). Monitoring activity, then
approximate the concentration. Remove the IPTG.
- Determine TEV kinetics (kcat, Km) on
XylE-GFP (in vitro).