Post what you think can be future application of our system, whether make flashy snazzy things, medical related, environmental cleaning, or other scientific applications. The point is to have a list of applications, discuss them, and be able to present them as part of our cool system by the Jamboree.
- Build a meta system consisting of two smaller systems
- Input: glucose. Output: proinsulin.
- Input: proinsulin. Output: the enzyme that cleaves proinsulin to insulin.
- Build a biosensor, using only a primary antibody rather than the modular two-antibody system, that can be put into lakes or rivers or the ocean, and can output toxin-response chemicals.
- Build a cell signalling system, in which one cell line acts as a sender and another cell line acts as a receiver.
- Machinery to make compounds that are difficult to synthesize.
Ideal Characteristics of System
- Utilizes the honing mechanism of antibodies for target detection.
- Standardized technology for detecting primary antibodies.
- Programmable biological sensor with interchangeable parts.
- Generalized system able to perform biospecific, and highly sensitive target recognition.
- Sensor that can detect a specified antigen to produce PoPs.
- Minimal Preparation
- General receptor, programmable, signalling system for bacteria with architecture that allows for general use.
- Quick, sensitive, robust, and has the ability for evolution.
We are building a platform for cellular sensing and reaction. The platform cell will be capable of sensing a nearly infinite set of molecules, with minimal preparation between sensing types. This could fit an array of applications where a specific molecule must be detected to trigger cellular (re)actions.