- (a) normal e. coli (depict chemical inputs and outputs)
- (b) final eau d’e coli system (depict chemical inputs and outputs)
Figure 1 (pdf)
Smell generating devices from precursor.
- (a) device diagrams of wintergreen and banana generating devices.
- (b) smell test results from Jamboree
- (c) smell test photo?
Figure 2 (pdf)
GC data (banana total synthesis, wintergreen total synthesis, banana with precursor, wintergreen with precursor)
Smell test data (show photo of smell test in action and also bar graphs of results)
Jamboree smell test data (xls)
Growth phase control (parts and device level depiction)
Figure 5 (pdf)
- verify the part numbers of the devices for which there is GC data ...
J45993 vs J45992 and J45199 vs J45219
Show data with growth-phase control of FP output
- ask Barry to make pretty figure for this data
Show GC data from banana time course
Restrospective project timeline. How long did each step take? [from this we can compute how we could do such work faster. We’ll want to work the pace of work into both the introduction and discussion].
Show GC data here (could have chromatograms)? GC data for IK cells versus normal E. coli; mint scented bacteria versus IK cells.
"The odor threshold of a compound is the lowest concentration at which its smell can be detected."
Use of ATF1 in E. coli
- Singh R, Vadlani PV, Harrison ML, Bennett GN, and San KY. . pmid:17891501.
Methyl salicylate synthesis
- Negre F, Kolosova N, Knoll J, Kish CM, and Dudareva N. . pmid:12361714.
- Ross JR, Nam KH, D'Auria JC, and Pichersky E. . pmid:10375393.
- Pott MB, Hippauf F, Saschenbrecker S, Chen F, Ross J, Kiefer I, Slusarenko A, Noel JP, Pichersky E, Effmert U, and Piechulla B. . pmid:15310828.
- Zubieta C, Ross JR, Koscheski P, Yang Y, Pichersky E, and Noel JP. . pmid:12897246.