Complete system diagram.
Smell generating devices from precursor. Image:MITiGEM2006Figure2.pdf
- (a) device diagrams of wintergreen and banana generating devices.
- (b) smell test results from Jamboree
- (c) smell test photo?
Autonomous wintergreen production
- (a) Device and parts level diagram of autonomous wintergreen synthesis
- (b) GC data of wintergreen total synthesis
- (c) GC data of J45120 without precursor
Growth phase control
- (a) parts and device level depiction
- (b) growth-phase control of FP output
- (a) device diagram of regulated banana device
- (b) timecourse of banana smell
Restrospective project timeline. How long did each step take? [from this we can compute how we could do such work faster. We’ll want to work the pace of work into both the introduction and discussion].
- (a) GC data for IK cells versus normal E. coli;
- (b) mint scented bacteria with precursor versus TOP10 with precursor.
- (c) banana scented bacteria with precursor versus TOP10 with precursor.
Also see the relevant part pages for references.
"The odor threshold of a compound is the lowest concentration at which its smell can be detected."
Use of ATF1 in E. coli
- Singh R, Vadlani PV, Harrison ML, Bennett GN, and San KY. . pmid:17891501.
Methyl salicylate synthesis
- Negre F, Kolosova N, Knoll J, Kish CM, and Dudareva N. . pmid:12361714.
- Ross JR, Nam KH, D'Auria JC, and Pichersky E. . pmid:10375393.
- Pott MB, Hippauf F, Saschenbrecker S, Chen F, Ross J, Kiefer I, Slusarenko A, Noel JP, Pichersky E, Effmert U, and Piechulla B. . pmid:15310828.
- Zubieta C, Ross JR, Koscheski P, Yang Y, Pichersky E, and Noel JP. . pmid:12897246.