Complete system diagram.
Smell generating devices from precursor. Image:MITiGEM2006Figure2.pdf
- (a) device diagrams of wintergreen and banana generating devices.
- (b) smell test results from Jamboree
- (c) smell test photo?
Autonomous wintergreen production
- (a) Device and parts level diagram of autonomous wintergreen synthesis
- (b) GC data of wintergreen total synthesis
- (c) GC data of J45120 without precursor
- (d) Pure methyl salicylate standard
Growth phase control
- (a) parts and device level depiction
- (b) growth-phase control of FP output
- (a) device diagram of regulated banana device
- (b) timecourse of banana smell
Restrospective project timeline. How long did each step take? [from this we can compute how we could do such work faster. We’ll want to work the pace of work into both the introduction and discussion].
- (a) GC data for IK cells versus normal E. coli;
- (b) mint scented bacteria with precursor versus TOP10 with precursor.
- (c) banana scented bacteria with precursor versus TOP10 with precursor.
Also see the relevant part pages for references.
osmY Promoter Mehods Section (In order)
Chasel, M. Gentry D.R., Hernandez, V.J., and Vinella, D. (1996) in Neidhardt, F.C. (ed.) Escherichia coli and Solmonella-Cellular and Molecular Biology, 2nd edition. pp. 1476-1477, ASM Press, Washington, DC.
Yim et al., reference:
"The odor threshold of a compound is the lowest concentration at which its smell can be detected."
Use of ATF1 in E. coli
- Singh R, Vadlani PV, Harrison ML, Bennett GN, and San KY. . pmid:17891501.
Methyl salicylate synthesis
- Negre F, Kolosova N, Knoll J, Kish CM, and Dudareva N. . pmid:12361714.
- Ross JR, Nam KH, D'Auria JC, and Pichersky E. . pmid:10375393.
- Pott MB, Hippauf F, Saschenbrecker S, Chen F, Ross J, Kiefer I, Slusarenko A, Noel JP, Pichersky E, Effmert U, and Piechulla B. . pmid:15310828.
- Zubieta C, Ross JR, Koscheski P, Yang Y, Pichersky E, and Noel JP. . pmid:12897246.