This page contains links to introductory information for the MIT iGEM team.
All people working in a biological research lab must undergo safety training.
To complete your online safety training, visit the Endy lab safety training guide. (Even if you have worked in a lab before, you should visit this page and verify that your training is up to date.)
Heather will be giving the lab-specific training.
How-to on wiki's
- Getting started --> Quick tutorial on using the OpenWetWare wiki
- Populate the official iGEM wiki
- PoPS and composability
- Obtain accounts
- Making a part (both basic and subpart)
- Sequence alignments
- Standard assembly
- 3A assembly
- In frame assembly
- Direct synthesis
Part and device characterization
- Plate reader characterization (i.e. Receiver)
- Flow cytometry (i.e. Screening plasmid)
- RT-PCR and Westerns
Searching and reading the literature
General introduction to ideas in Synthetic Biology