Things to Do/Status
1. Bleach cultures from yesterday- DONE
2. Smell banana experiment from last night- BEHAVED EXPECTEDLEY
3. Consult with Drew about precursor generation- said to order alpha-ketoisocaproate and isochorismate
4. Prepare slides for group meeting- WORKING ON IT
5. See if ordered items (heptane and more baffled flasks) have arrived- ARRIVED. Baffled flasks were different than we wanted though. We are returning them. I will see if Knight lab has extras. We may get by with what we have. Had a long conversation with VWR and our type of baffled flasks is discontinued.
6. Send an email to grad students/Drew about a Friday meeting- DONE
7. Make an OD600 vs. time graph with both J45120 and J45181 on it- DONE
8. Make OD600 vs. ppm MS/OD600 graph from 7/3 experiment- DONE
9. Esaki plasmid is coming, IlvE- strain is coming, aroF- aroG- aroH- strain is coming
10. EXCITING NEWS!!! GEOBIOLOGY WAS ABLE TO DETECT ISOAMYL ACETATE!!! MORE TIME COURSES!!! HURRAY!!!
11. Order intermediate chemicals, isochorismate and alpha-ketoisocaproate- Weston chemicals is getting back to me on alpha-ketoisocaproate, isochorismate is not sold (as seen on google and the world suppliers search engine)