Skim (Talk | contribs)
(New page: ===Late Friday (7/13) Afternoon Update=== *BH/SK put dry pT040 (?) plates in warm room (for AK and AL) *Tom stopped by -- we have a BUNCH of chemically competent cells in the -80 degree fr...)
Next diff →
Revision as of 02:43, 15 July 2007
Late Friday (7/13) Afternoon Update
- BH/SK put dry pT040 (?) plates in warm room (for AK and AL)
- Tom stopped by -- we have a BUNCH of chemically competent cells in the -80 degree freezer AND vectors pSB3AK3, pSB3AC3 and pSB3AT3 in the -20 degree iGEM freezer for our use -- y'all missed some fun with dry ice =)
So Bernice and I (SK) came in this afternoon. Here's a quick summary of what happened:
- Results of testing for antibiotic resistance of parts
Part Kan+ Amp+ F2620 no growth growth B0034 no growth growth E1010 growth no growth
This is what we wanted to happen, so yay!
- Results of transformations (AK/AL)
- Sample 1, 100 microliters and Sample 2, 100 microliters did not grow at all on A+/K+ plates
Sample Volume Number of Colonies 1 50 microliters 0 1 100 mics 4 or 5 1 200 mics about 10 2 50 mics 2 2 100 mics 5 2 200 mics 10 to 12
These plates should be parafilmed and in the 4 degree fridge.
- Made permanent glycerol stock of transformed XL1 cells after 3A transformation (in -80 degree freezer)
- Made LC of AK/AL plates using Sample 1, 200 microliters (2 colonies) and Sample 2, 200 microliters (2 colonies) -- they're in the rotating shaker in the hot room (put in around half 4 on Saturday)
- Miniprepped the diluted transformations of XL-1 cells after 3A transformation (so these have F2620 and B0034 in pSB3K3) -- from LC 1 and 2
- The miniprepping we actually did twice because the nanodrop numbers were really, really bad the first time. From the second miniprep:
LC 1A = 36.9 ng/microliter LC 1B = 32.7 LC 2A = 27.0 LC 2B = 24.2
These are all in the -20 degree iGEM freezer in Eppendorf tubes.