< IGEM:MIT | 2008 | Notebook | Yogurt
- epitope: A localized region on the surface of an antigen that is capable of eliciting an immune response and of combining with a specific antibody to counter that response.
- promoter: a gene sequence that activates transcription
- peptide: a compound containing two or more amino acids in which the carboxyl group of one acid is linked to the amino group of the othe
- TEV (protease cleavage site)
- Western Blot: a highly sensitive procedure for identifying and measuring the amount of a specific protein in a mixed extract; proteins are separated by gel electrophoresis and transferred to a special filter paper, on which the protein under investigation can be detected by a probe