iGEM 2012 recruiting is open! The deadline is Thursday, March 1.
To apply for the 2012 MIT iGEM team, send the following to igem-2012-applications at mit dot edu:
- Your resume/CV, which should include relevant coursework and research experience.
- A list of any other commitments you've made for the summer.
- ~250 words describing why you're generally interested in synthetic biology and iGEM.
- ~250 words describing a project that you think would be appropriate and exciting for iGEM. This can be somewhat vague or can be more specific. You should look at previous iGEM projects for inspiration and to get a handle on the typical scope. Links to previous years: 2006, 2007, 2008 (abstracts), 2009 (abstracts), 2010 (abstracts), 2011 (wikis). Before looking at teams in detail, you should browse through the project abstracts. You may want to consider writing the project idea in the form of a UROP research proposal.
Please submit your application in PDF format to igem-2012-applications at mit dot edu. If you have questions about the application process, please send an email to the same address.
The 10-week program will take place June 6 - August 12, and will include some optional commitment in October and November to finalize the project for the iGEM regional competition. iGEM UROPs can be part time for credit for the spring semester, and will be maximum pay full-time direct funding during the summer.
- March 1 - Application deadline
- March 8 - Decisions announced
- April 5 - Spring UROP for credit
- April 19 - Summer UROP for direct funding
- June 6 through Aug 12 - 10 weeks for the summer project