Detection of allergens in food
- the presence of certain alergen promote the expression of GFP.
- must be fast reaction. ie. detection on the spot.
- cell-free medium and can be stored in bottles under normal condition.
- variable resistors, capaceitors, a catalog of resistors ...
- setup a basic ALU(arithmetic logic unit), from pre-designed gates
- biological clock; counts up in seconds or minutes (not countdown like peking07-hopcount), something similar but not elegant enough has been done by Harvard2006
- Bacterial cells to assist in production of things like biofuels/fertilisers/etc.
- Cheap and easy production of pharmaceuticals.
In vivo sensors, processors and actuators
Bacteria have remarkable abilities to sense, process and actuate. These attributes of bacteria are potentially useful in designing and fabricating them for therapeutic purposes. One good example is here.  (more...)
- something similar to peking 2007 one..
- group A bacteria undergo conjugation certain number of times before expressing a promotor
- the promotor promotes the expression in group B bacteria of some other protein.
- after undergoing conjugation certain number of times, group B bacteria express a repressor which inhibites the expresion of promotor from group A bacteria thus negative feedback.
- a system with timing and quatity control
- Express the DNA repair system (enzymes) of radiodurans in e.coli ?