< IGEM:Melbourne | 2008 | WikiManagement
- ETH Zurich drop down bar on each page
- ETHZ banner on each page leads to homepage
- Vistor count at the bottom of the page
- Nice meet the team page
- Not so good
- First page too dense
- Intro good - What the project was, What they had achieved, What it could achieve in the future (applications) -Sh
- Nice brief description of the different components (with links to pages with details including results).
- Do we want to introduce the components on the front page?
- icons again!!
- colour scheme? - blueish maybe.. blood is red that is fair enough
- i like the animated gif ... moving stuff is appealing to the eye... easy to do ...
- nice sort of layout on the front page
- icon layout ... easy information to grasp .. i like| needs better icons though
- interesting process flow chart on front page
- very very good at colums
Imperial 2007 really good tabs on the top of the page
- nice and simple front page ... i like this simplicity, but with icons :)
- columned layout
- animation of the project ... grab these of the presentations...
- visitor numbers and locations ... down the bottom
- very simple banner ... they then put out flyers and stuff... i think it'd hilarious if we marketed this as a swiss clock/watch alternative and gave out a brochure ... :p
- Border around front page?
- Public page - www.brownigem.com -
- They had a video that got onto the OWW and synbio front page last year - do we want to do this ?
- Good layout
- Links to tools (plasmid mappers, blast2seq etc...) frequently used stuff
- Detailed protocols of experiments to date--good
- should we include protocols when reporting what was done each day or would we prefer to link it to a separate page of protocols like Peking’s?
- Repeat of details of the same experiment done on a different day not required.
- could just list changes (if any) made to protocol.
- a just for fun section ... we need to have more fun as a team... i say fridays at AO - (Animal Orchestra) or the pub
- breaking news section just make it red ;)
- concise front page ... emphasises the right things ... (big font = important links - todo list, meetings, biobricks, overview etc)
- team photo somewhere on both
- photo(s) of Bio21 ... taken by us not generic
- border design?
- presentation section ... devoted purely to stuff to do with the presentation (berkeley 06)
- calagary 06 nicely design banners/logo? (ie. not done in paint) - we all have friends that could whip something together thats fairly spiffy ;)
- indiviuals photos in the team profiles ... standardise the profiles
- poster design mini-team and section on the wiki...
- archive section