IGEM:Paris Bettencourt 2012/Protocols/Biobrick Retrieval
< IGEM:Paris Bettencourt 2012 | Protocols
This protocol can be used to retrieve biobrick DNA from kit plates. The resulting DNA solution can be used directly for transformation.
- Find the correct Plate and well by locating the kit edition (year), plate number, and well coordinate (i.e. 2012 Kit Plate 4 Well 1A)
- Look at your well from below to find the where the DNA is deposited. It is visible as a deposit of red solid at one of the corners (see image).
- Punch a hole in the foil of your well using a 200 uL pipette tip. Push the foil to the sides.
- Using another 200 uL pipette tip, carefully add 10 uL of distilled water to the well.
- Gently scrape and mix the DNA. Pipette up and down.
- Let the solution incubate in the well at least 5 minutes.
- Transfer the 10 uL of DNA solution to a 1.5 mL centrifuge tube.
- Store DNA in -20C.