(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 17:15, 4 August 2009
| iGEM Project name 1
|| Main project page|
Previous entry Next entry
- Ligate, transform, colony PCR...
- Looks like success for some first rounds of cloning!!!
- Now we have to do colony PCR to check....
- Ligation for 1b
- Liquid culture for stuff we are running low on (SoxR, BLH, etc)
- [what projects occurred today?]
- [what were the results?]
- [what problems occurred? frustrations?]
- [solutions to the problems/future ideas]
- Graduate Student Board Meeting at 9am
- Better Intro
- Change the first slide, it is scary. We could put into in other parts of the powerpoint
- Too much text on the second slide
- Visual of differentiation of T-cells
- The Movie
- exaggerate T-cell populations
- possibly show a graph
- Take out what you are not using... Is it necessary?
- More contrast between before and after the implantation of the device
- Take out the green dots
- Think more about the purpose of our projest
- How is it different from pre-existing medicine
- Explain the location and environment/ symptoms of IBD
- Naming= "NO sensor" "Trp sensor" explain RA- be VERY clear and simple
- How is the device used to treat the disease? Why E. coli? What are the results?
- Why is this a good solution? - greater context of what you are doing and AWESOMENESS!
- Sell it!
- The device level diagram slide
- Divide into two different slides
- Reduce the amount of details
- Things to think about
- How many background do we need to give? Background vs. Specifics in Final Presentation
- How many people does this disease effect?
- Talk more about the consequences of implanting the device
- Keep all information simple, imagine your audience as really really lazy people
- Impress your audience vs. communication
- vBOL--talk more about what it is and what it could be used for
- Slideshow general
- 3 concepts per slide
- Show the results, not the process
- Inroduce vBOL symbols from the start and then use them throughout the presentation
- Problems that we have been having
- A biobrick standard that doesn't use Pst1 because the presence of restriction sites in gene sequence (Trp operon) that we can't mutate
- Assign grad students for assay design
- Trp operon--Meeting with Yanofsky
- [enter the team's weekly goals]