(6/11 – 6-16)
Pipetted RB50 with plasmid and RB50 without plasmid on kanamycin plates and left
them for incubation.
• We set up PCR for luciferase.
• Tried chemical transformation on RB50 with plasmid and without plasmid as well
as DH5-alpha (as a positive control). We planned to transform with kanamycin
• Imaged gel from PCR of Luciferase/Kanamycin plasmids. It was successful.
• Used Qiagen PCR purification kit to clean up amplicons.
• Results of transformation: DH5-alpha grew. RB50 with and without plasmid,
however, did not grow.
• Looking for ways to electroporate the DNA into the cells.