- Excerpt from xkcd: "Outreach" by Randall Munroe
How do I edit and contribute to this wiki?
- Fill out the form at how to join to register for an account on OpenWetWare. An email with your account information will be sent to you.
- Then read OpenWetWare's "Getting Started" tutorial, which can be found here: http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare:Getting_started
What does my iGEM team need to do to become a part of this collaboration?
- Contribute your ideas! For example, share a synthetic biology education curriculum, add a discussion topic to the "Ethics of Synthetic Biology" lesson plan, post a fun outreach activity, and/or suggest modifications to ideas that teams have posted.
- Post pictures and videos of your team's outreach experiences in the "Multimedia" section.
- Always credit your iGEM team in your posts, as follows: <Your school/ team name> iGEM <Year>
How do I comment on or suggest modifications to an outreach idea that another iGEM team has posted?
- In the "Experience" section, post your bulleted comment (mentioning the step in the protocol, if necessary) and then refer to your iGEM team. (Ex: *We found that using colored toothpicks instead of pipe cleaners as legs in step #4 of Build-A-Bug made our insects more stable. Brown-Stanford iGEM 2011)