IGEM Outreach:Synthetic Biology and You Interactive Workshop (Gr.12)
All About Bacteria: How Clean Are Your Hands?
- Waterloo iGEM 2011
- Aimed towards Grade 12 Highschool students
- Download handout and presentation outline
The aim of this activity is to teach students about the basics of synthetic biology, its application into various different industries such as Pharmaceuticals and Energy. Along with this there are two interactive workshops that deal with hot topics related to synthetic biology in industry along with a BioBricks activity that teaches students what is done in the lab.
- What industries are affected by synthetic biology?
- What are BioBricks?
- What current issues are there related to synthetic biology and genetic engineering
- Synthetic Biology and You PowerPoint
- BioBricks Activity
- EnviroPig, Genetic Engineering Discussion