Institute of Biological Engineering Communities
What is an IBE Community?
A Community is a group of IBE members who have interest in a common subject area that is a subset of the Institute.
What is the purpose of the IBE Communities?
The purpose of a Community is to provide input on IBE programs, including annual meeting sessions, professional development programs, and webinars; provide nominations for awards and committees; and provide input to the Executive Committee and Councilors.
List of Communities currently established in IBE:
- Ecological Engineering (Chair: Prem Parajuli, co-Chair: Joel Paz)
- Biomedical Engineering (Chair: Mark Haidekker, co-Chair: Angela Pannier)
- Biosensors and BioNano (Chair: Jeong-Yeol Yang)
- Biology Systems Engineering (Chair: Caleb Carr, co-Chairs: Cody Tramp, Alyssa Henning, Paul Lichtman, Sean Kearney)
- Education Community (Google Group) (Chair: Kaustubh Bhalerao)