- The lecture for the Synthetic Biology MRes will take place on Tuesday 2nd December between 10.00am-12.00pm, in Room B213, Biochemistry Building.
- Registration to OpenWetWare required ( join OWW ).
Scope of the lecture
Part I: The Synthetic Biology landscape
- What are the current biotechnologies around ?
- Driving concepts and technologies in Synthetic Biology.
- Current Synthetic Biology activities (how to get involved?).
Part II: Journal club (teams of 2)
Error fetching PMID 18612302:
Error fetching PMID 18612298:
Error fetching PMID 18983935:
Error fetching PMID 18956013:
- Error fetching PMID 18612302:
- Error fetching PMID 18612298:
- Error fetching PMID 18983935:
- Error fetching PMID 18956013:
Register here to present one of the papers during the class (15-20min presentation with slides between 2 people).
- Team 1 (Chris / Tom): Arkin A. Setting the standard in synthetic biology. Nat Biotechnol 2008 Jul; 26(7) 771-4. doi:10.1038/nbt0708-771 pmid:18612298.
- Team 2 (Name 1 / Name 2): ...specify paper...
Part III: Case study (teams of 2)
- Congratulations ! You have just won a 3 year seed funding to produce some Synthetic Biology work.
- You have unlimited access to a wet lab and dry lab
- What do you do next ? How do you do it ? What do you plan to deliver ? What will be your contribution to Synthetic Biology ?
Register here your team:
- Team 1 (Name 1 / Name 2)
- Team 2 (Name 1 / Name 2)