Prof. Catherine Klapperich
Maria Dominika Kulinski
Dr. Cassandra Noack
Archival Journal Articles
- Jaworski J and Klapperich CM. . pmid:16620959.
- Bhattacharyya A and Klapperich CM. . pmid:16448052.
- Klapperich CM and Bertozzi CR. . pmid:15159079.
- J. Song, J. Chen, C.M. Klapperich, V. Eng and C.R. Bertozzi,Functional glass slides for in vitro evaluation of interactions between bone cells and mineral-binding ligands, Journal of Materials Chemistry,14, 2643-2648, (2004).
- C.M. Klapperich, K. Komvopoulos and L. Pruitt, Nanoindentation Experiments to Probe the Surface Mechanical Properties of Plasma Treated Polyethylenes, Journal of Materials Research, Vol.17 (2), (2002).
- Klapperich C, Pruitt L, and Komvopoulos K. . pmid:15348272.
- Klapperich, C., Komvopoulos, K., and Pruitt, L., Nanomechanical Properties of Polymers Determined From Nanoindentation Experiments, Journal of Tribology, ASME Trans., Vol. 123, No. 3, pp. 624-631, (2001).
- Niedzwiecki S, Klapperich C, Short J, Jani S, Ries M, and Pruitt L. . pmid:11340595.
- Klapperich C, Niedzwiecki S, Ries M, and Pruitt L. . pmid:10634955.
- C. Klapperich, K. Komvopoulos, and L. Pruitt, Tribological Properties and Microstructural Evolution of Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene, Journal of Tribology, 121(2) April (1999).
- Klapperich C, Graham J, Pruitt L, and Ries MD. . pmid:10537267.
The Biomedical Materials Research Laboratory is focused on materials research activities in the broad areas of tissue engineering and biomedical device design. The laboratory is equipped for polymer and hydrogel synthesis, microfluidic device rapid prototyping, fabrication of tissue engineering scaffold materials, molecular analysis and tissue culture. The laboratory houses a dynamic mechanical analyzer for time and temperature sensitive testing of gel and polymer macroscale mechanical properties. This facility is a fully functional laboratory for integrated mechanical, chemical and biological testing of biomaterials. The laboratory is adjacent to the shared bio-micro/nanofabrication center. This cleanroom contains a mask aligner, AFM, DekTak Profilometer, e-beam evaporator and a spin coater. The lab also maintains a Hysitron Triboscope Nanoindentation Instrument located in the Low Vibration Area of the Photonics Center. Laboratory projects include experiments and modeling of the contact problem for nanoscale probes on soft hydrated biomaterials, cell-biomaterial interactions in tissue engineering materials, and diagnostic microfluidic device design.
- 03/01/06 -
- 01/09/06 -
- 01/09/06 -
Thanks to BE Board for this template
Our research bla bla bla...