12 February 2009 Lab Meeting Agenda
- Status: compressed air and vacuum?
- Sonali out for a week.
- New senior project team.
- MicroTAS abstracts.
† Flu R01
- Modified Schedule this week.
- Plaque Assay.
- Alex needs to be trained to make SU molds. Trained to make the monoliths (by Hussam By 1/15/09)--we're about to start the training--.
† SEPSIS Project
- Sonali done with draft.
- Hussam working on Lambda phage data.
- 1 ml methanol wash seems to be taking care of the issue.
- More formal report to Jeff from Cathie.
- Do cDNA prep. Spec, gels, send to Jeff B. Shipping?
- Mark- Control circuit - done, need to be tested.
- Evap quantification experiments.(JD, JZ)
- Petridish culture after running evaporation w/o dye in hydrophobic treated channel
- ; Viability low as < 20%, Huge variation in results
- try running the experiment first, then running the live/dead dye through second. Bold text
- ; Live/dead assay kills 90% bacteria proven by test.
- Direct measurement with engineered SERS substrate.
- Test with engineered SERS substrates
- 500umx500umx50um dimension informed to Luca and Bjoern
- Need to schedule when they are ready
- new set made, in glove box: the 1st 3 on the DOE. SEM and SERS available.
- hypothesis: drying controls clustering, reduction controls size?
- need to add humidity as it changes even in the glove box - this is no longer an issue, asked Ranjith and now can adjust humidity to constant
- set II done varying drying time and fast reduction time. SEM and SERS available.
- Colloid experiment. inconclusive. Look at SEMs
- difficulty in locating the bacteria
- needs much higher particle/bacteria ratio
- experiments outside the channel first?
- Look at the unused substrates in SEM one week old or more.
† Valve Array/Valve building (FJ)
- Teddy on track.
- Valve tested
† Fraunhofer: LOAC
† Biointerfaces group
- Final experiments in process? Need one more experiment next week
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- flu cDNA ｗａｓ ｓｕｃｃｅｓｓｆｕｌｌｙ ａｍｐｌｉｆｉｅｄ ｏｎ ｃｈｉｐ，ｏｎｅ ｂａｎｄ ｓｈｏｗ ｕｐ ｉｎ ｇｅｌ． ｅｘｐｅｒｉｍｅｎｔ ｈａｓ ｂｅｅｎ ｒｅｐｅａｔｅｄ ｆｏｒ ｔｈｒｅｅ ｔｉｍｅ．
- ｗｏｒｋｉｎｇ ｏｎ ｔｈｅ surface coating of zeonex, looking for an effective way to verify the PEG layer
- tried contact angle, device broken
- SEM did not give out a lot of information
- scheduling XPS
- DNA chain model is being made (5 beads model tested).
- Cathie submitted One pager Whitepaper. Waiting for response.
- Large volume filling and valve tested.
- Design issue - whole integration or assemble parts (SPE & HDA chamber)
† Senior project
- Megan 1)did some preliminary bonding with Zeonex and teflon film. 2) emailed off the Mask Design to FineLine
† F31: Cochlea
- Pre-gent vs. Post-gent-- most interesting data: decorin upregulation, fibronectin gradient
- Six antibodies. Verifying 4 with protein pre- and co-incubation with antibody. Could not find the other two proteins
- Finalized poster and printing for ARO
- ARO is next week
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- Overview to look at the data collectively 
- try another color DNA dye. Pico green works ok