25 August 2009 Lab Meeting
- Presentation: Jaephil: Chip Integration FLU
- Lab lunch today after meeting.
† Flu R01
- Do std curve without carrier RNA. Compare with ASB data.
- Integration: Spec? On chip? Jane will look into it.
- QQ will work on the initial integration steps of SPE + RT (resevoir)+ PCR. Cutter plotter? Faunhofer Chip serpentine channel. "QQ Needs to know how to make valves."
- RNA extraction troubleshooting.
- Try clean fabrication of chips and monoliths.
- Try RNAseH wash through.
- A primers look good at this point. Van Elden 2001. (C.L. Ward 2004 primers works best for PCR)
- Jessie should learn SEM.
* Need to update IBC to include rDNA work.
† Virus concentration (upstream from the assay.)
- How to read? Color, sensitivity? Alignment. Check with JD.
† Coulter Flu Fraunhofer Project
- IBC for Fraun flu. approved.
† Agilent Meetings
- With Straws in Parallel at this point.
- Update on concentration of live bugs? MSSA?
- Evap system (JD and JZ)
- Let's get this to a point where we can publish and move on
paper 1: Evap with Sol Gel substrate.
paper 2: Covap with PMA, Rhodamine, PS beads?...virus...?
- Rhodamine experiments done
- Signals are similar between with and without GNP
- Rhodamine binds poorly to gold
- try GNP-pMA next. R6G-silver NP.
- Need to redefine hypothesis
† Biointerfaces group
- New fabrcation in process.
† CIMIT- Colson Grant
- IRB approved.
- Cathie submitted the companion BU IRB form for exemption.
- QQ: PCR 2 paper draft.
- CMK: PCR 1 draft
* on-chip PCR on a series of diluted lambda phage DNA.
the detect limitation for ABI is 10-9g/ul
on-chip PCR have the same sensitivity.
* With new syring and tubing, on-chip PCR for the patient sample does not have detectable amplified product. however, the postitive control on the thermal cycle works good.
- Start planning R01 for Submission on 10/5/09. MM, JD, CMK.
- Getting solution back out is still an issue.
- Integrated chip worked (19th). Accumulating multiple runs. (Check into primer lifetime)
- Evaporation problems near edges. Maybe design change?
- Teflon issue with the enzyme? Check into it.
† Silica Optimization (Lambda):
- Results Summary of Aug-18-09