22 September 2009 Lab Meeting
- Missing: Sonali, MinCheol
- PAPERS Drafted before MicroTAS
- Posters for MicroTAS Due to CMK by 10/15
‡ Flu R01:Integration
* Need to update IBC to include rDNA work.
† Sample Concentration (Lead: Jane, Team: Jaephil)
- Volume collection issues at this time. Where is the loss?
- Alexa Fluo-488 succinimidyl ester (Molecular Probes) stains the flu virus fluorescent.
- The current problem is not how to visualize virus right now, because the design is clearly not optimized for collecting all the samples at the outlet. The major loss is from sample handling instead of from non specific binding to the material.
† SPE Column Optimization for RNA. (Lead: Sonali, Team: Hussam, Jessie, Brendan)
- RNA extraction troubleshooting. Do deinhibition of monolith components. Test those with the Ambion RNAse kit.
- Team met last week to plan experiments.
- New Designs of bigger channels are made, 35 to 70 μl total volume (MinCheol was Consulted)
- Silica free SPE , and SPE free channel experiment were ran , to be PCR'ed
† PCR - CMI (Lead: Qingqing)
- QQ will work on the initial integration steps of SPE + RT (resevoir)+ PCR.
- CMK: PCR 2 paper draft.
- CMK: PCR 1 draft. Analytical Chem.
- With new syring and tubing, on-chip PCR for the patient sample does not have detectable amplified product. however, the postitive control on the thermal cycle works good.
- New primers?
- Double PCR on chip.
† HDA (Lead: Jaephil, Team:Sonali)
- Start planning R01 for Submission on 2/5/10. MM, JD, CMK.
- JD working on paper. Will deliver to MM this week. LATE....?
- Figures discussion.
‡C. diff Project (Cathie, Sonali, Satish Singh, His post doc )
- Meeting 12:30-1:30pm every other Wed. in my office.
- This week meeting at 10:15 AM my office Wednesday.
‡ Coulter Flu Fraunhofer Project (Lead: Sonali, Team: Sonali, Jessie, Cathie, CMI Folks, Qingqing)
- Meeting 9am Monday 9/14 (every other week)
‡ Agilent Automated Sample Preparation (Lead: Alex)
- With Straws in Parallel at this point. Speeding up the assay.
- Waiting for the machine.
- Alex drafting abstracts.
‡ COBRA (Lead: Jaephil, Team: Cathie, Jane for virus only, PHO folks)
- Update on concentration of live bugs? MSSA?
- Virus concentration (dialyzed against PBS, no SERS signal, dialyze against water now).
- paper 1: Evap with Sol Gel substrate. Not integrated. MSSA, E coli.
‡ Biointerfaces group (Lead: MinCheol, Team: Cathie, MCK, Wong and Meller folks)
- New experiments happening now.
‡ CIMIT- Sepsis (Lead:Cathie, Team:TBA)
- IRB approved.
- Cathie submitted the companion BU IRB form for exemption.
‡ PATH Grant (Lead:Cathie, Team:Frank, Sean, Mark, Jake Trueb (ME))
- 12 mos, 24 mos. working prototypes of SNAP.