15 November 2010 Lab Meeting
- Andy is up to talk.
†Trapping Mycobacteria (Jason)
†Wave 80 project (Andy/Jane)
- Making a scaled-up lot of ssDNA Pol standards, with gel purification / plasmid linearizations this time (AF)
- Found better gag loci for real-time PCR; cloning plasmids for in vitro transcription RNA standards (AF)
- Ran Boom buffer through monolith only straws. Will bDNA the eluent this week.(JZ)
- Process flow throughs. (JZ)
- Chentian - Figuring out a way to do silica channels. First pass: making plug with monolith.
- ABI Taqman for HIV. Waiting for that to arrive. For LTR instead of gag. (MM)
‡ Flu R01:Integration
- Paper for chip with Cathie.
- paper for biostatistics. Thinking phase Sonali.
- Sequence 10 more products - for weekly QC.
10 products were sequenced, 2 of them failed. should we sequence 2 more?
- Run weekly negative gels.
† HDA (Lead:Sonali)
- Start planning R01 for Submission on 2/5/11. MM, CMK.
† Sample Concentration (Lead: Jane)
- Qiagen and SPE done in parallel on original and concentrated samples.
- New fixture sent to machine shop.
- New mask and mold in progress.
† SPE Column Optimization for DNA (Sam and Sonali)
- Mass spec results still sought, lower priority.
- sr project people will do silica optimization design/cassidy.
‡C. diff Project (Cathie, Sonali, Satish Singh, Lisa J., His post doc )
- HDA in tube to test extracted "ELISA negative samples", the result is different from real-time PCR
- Run gel to check real-time PCR products, product bands are really faint (different from before)
- In the process of cloning HDA positive samples to check whether they are true positive
- Run regular PCR with Sara’s old primers, results are inconsistent with HDA and real-time PCR
‡ Coulter Flu Fraunhofer Project (Sonali)
- They still need RNA from us.
‡ Automated Sample Preparation (Lead: Alex)
‡ CIMIT- Sepsis (Lead:Cathie, Team: Alex)
‡ PATH Grant (Lead:Cathie, Team:Jake, Samantha)
- New name for straws Me30Pd70 (M=monomer, e=EDMA, 30=30%, P=porogen, d=1-dodecanol, 70=70%)
- Finishing second round of 1-4 week storage studies on Me30Pd70; one week left
- New blood lysis procedures for blood with Tween 20 and Triton X-100
- Moving all straw making to 709 from Fraunhofer
- Two full kits prepared, one left to go before extractions done on them
- Start senior project students on RNA optimization and silica optimization for DNA
- HIV particles run through three varieties of straws; bDNA assay and pcr analysis to come
- Chemical inventory done!!! Enjoy