29 November 2010 Lab Meeting
- SONALI is up to talk.
- Jake and Sam next week.
†Trapping Mycobacteria (Jason)
- Can induce cells multiple times ("triple peak")
- Trapping monolayer is hard due to device architecture
- Making new device and doing more induction expts
†Wave 80 project (Andy/Jane)
- Optimization for eliminating non-specific PCR products after 1st-strand synthesis : A) Increasing annealing temperature to 65 C helps, and B) Treating 1st-strand products with RNaseA helps (AF)
- Will try time-course on full pol ssDNA synthesis to minimize E. coli lysis during M13 transfection (AF)
- Ran Boom buffer through monolith only straws. Will bDNA the eluent this week.(JZ)
- Process flow throughs. (JZ)
- Chentian - Figuring out a way to do silica channels. First pass: making plug with monolith.
- ABI Taqman for HIV. Waiting for that to arrive. For LTR instead of gag. (MM)
- Currently doing "hourly" extractions of pure RNA with and without stablizer. (SAB)
- Uploaded pictures of blackbird fixture to central desktop for Wave 80 team. (SAB)
‡ Flu R01:Integration
- Paper for chip with Cathie.
need to make an outline
- paper for biostatistics. Thinking phase Sonali.
- Sequence 10 more products - for weekly QC.
- Run weekly negative gels.
† HDA (Lead:Sonali)
- Start planning R01 for Submission on 2/5/11. MM, CMK.
† Sample Concentration (Lead: Jane)
- Qiagen and SPE done in parallel on original and concentrated samples.
- 3 new fixtures made. Tried and worked. Need deburring.
- New mask and mold made. New chip in progress.
- Ran exp at Connor lab with current chip and new fixture on fluorescent VSV, plaque assay and imaging results pending.
† SPE Column Optimization for DNA (Sam and Sonali)
- Sr project working on DNA extraction using glycogen ppt method.
‡C. diff Project (Cathie, Sonali, Satish Singh, Lisa J., His post doc )
- HDA in tube to test extracted "ELISA negative samples", the result is different from real-time PCR
- Run gel to check real-time PCR products, product bands are really faint (different from before)
- In the process of cloning HDA positive samples to check whether they are true positive
- Run regular PCR with Sara’s old primers, results are inconsistent with HDA and real-time PCR
‡ Coulter Flu Fraunhofer Project (Sonali)
- They still need RNA from us.
‡ Automated Sample Preparation (Lead: Alex)
‡ CIMIT- Sepsis (Lead:Cathie, Team: Alex)
- negative control problem in the 16s assay. TaqMan?
‡ PATH Grant (Lead:Cathie, Team:Jake, Samantha)
- Need to order more straws.
- Working on new blood lysis procedure with Tween 20, proteinase K and GuSCN.
- Working on NCIIA Grant, due Dec. 3rd.
- Starting extractions on actual devices.
- RNA and DNA extractions with varied lysis buffers using glycogen ppt method.
- Altering check valve on device air accumulator.