Klapperich Lab: Hot Press a Microfluidic Chip Base
(Difference between revisions)
Skosuri (Talk | contribs)
(New page: ==Overview== Use a mechanical hot press to create the base to which a microfluidic chip with channels can be bonded. ==Materials== *Mechanical Hot Press *Zeonex beads *2 Removable nicke...)
Next diff →
Revision as of 15:59, 2 November 2007
Use a mechanical hot press to create the base to which a microfluidic chip with channels can be bonded.
- Mechanical Hot Press
- Zeonex beads
- 2 Removable nickel plates
- Set the temperature of platen 1 and 2 of the Hot Press to be around 330°F.
- Center a circular arrangement of Zeonex beads on one of the nickel plates.
- Place the nickel plate onto the bottom Platen of the Hot Press, and carefully place the other nickel plate on top without disrupting the arrangement of Zeonex beads.
- Pump the hydralic pressure handle until the platens touch and the pressure reading remains 0, and then wait 1 minute. This time allows the plastic to begin to warm and melt.
- Pump the hydralic handle until it reads 1000 psi.
- Hot press for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.