Koch Lab:Protocols/How to Clean Glassware
From OpenWetWareAdd to My Links
The steps for cleaning glassware are fairly simple and straight forward.
- Rinse the glassware to remove excessive contaminants.
- Scrub with liquid detergent and a brush.
- Use a small quantity of isopropanol to remove labels.
- Pour out the detergent and rinse the glassware until no more bubbles develop.
- Rinse with deionized water to remove all of the impurities from the tap water.
- Autoclave as needed.
Remember always wear gloves when cleaning glassware!