- Galkin O, Pan W, Filobelo L, Hirsch RE, Nagel RL, and Vekilov PG. . pmid:17449671.
- Carragher B, Bluemke DA, Gabriel B, Potel MJ, and Josephs R. . pmid:3351926.
- Bluemke DA, Carragher B, Potel MJ, and Josephs R. . pmid:3351927.
- Carragher B, Bluemke DA, Becker M, McDade WA, Potel MJ, and Josephs R. . pmid:3351930.
- Wang JC, Turner MS, Agarwal G, Kwong S, Josephs R, Ferrone FA, and Briehl RW. . pmid:11812133.
Treatments exist for preventive and palliative treatment of sickle cell episodes, but no treatment has yet been developed to mitigate the effects of an attack once it has started. We feel we can develop a treatment for an ongoing attack by addressing the molecular basis of the pathology.