(→Quickie YPD + Adenine)
m (Removed Improper Category:Template tag)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
This is a quick and sloppy protocol for making YPD supplemented with adenine for growing ade- strains (ade1 and ade2 mutants). Particularly suited for when you are in a rush and just want to grow the mating type tester strains overnight without making a new batch of YPD+adenine. DON'T use this for growth curves, microscopy, or any other experiment that requires defined growth conditions.
YPD (standard YPD4 recipe from the media facility)
20mM adenine HCL
- Order from media facility
20mM Adenine HCL
- 170mg Adenine HCL (dissolved in ddIH20, bring final volume to 50mls, sterile filter)
Quickie YPD + Adenine
Mix 48.4 mls of YPD with 1.6 ml of 20mM adenine HCL in a 50ml conical tube. Final concentration of adenine HCL is 0.64mM and your YPD has been diluted slightly to 9.68 in 10.
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.