Our lab's version of the Geitz lithium-acetate transformation method.
- 1M LiAC
- 100mM LiAC
- 50% w/v PEG (mw 3350) (Sigma P3640)
- Sterile H20
- Single-stranded carrier DNA (2.0 mg/ml in TE buffer pH 8.0)
- Appropriate selective plates (SC-URA, YPD+G418, etc)
- Inoculate the strain to transform from a single colony into 5mls of YPD in a test tube. Put on the roller drum at 30°C overnight.
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
Gietz, R.D. and R.A. Woods. (2002) TRANSFORMATION OF YEAST BY THE Liac/SS CARRIER DNA/PEG METHOD. Methods in Enzymology 350: 87-96.
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.