Mdoyle Week 8
Revision as of 20:41, 19 October 2010
Individual Journal Assignment
This journal entry is due on Monday, October 25 at midnight PDT (Sunday night/Monday morning). NOTE that the OpenWetware server records the time as Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), unlike the LMU CS server which was on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Therefore, midnight will register as 03:00.
- Store this journal entry as "username Week 8" (i.e., this is the text to place between the square brackets when you link to this page).
- Create the following set of links.
- Link to your journal entry from your user page.
- Link back from your journal entry to your user page.
- Link to this assignment from your journal entry.
- Add the "BIOL367/F10" category to the end of your wiki page.
- Keep an "electronic lab notebook", containing your methods, results, and interpretations of this week's portion of the Analysis of Vibrio cholerae microarray data project in your "username Week 8" journal page. Although you will have assigned partner(s), you will need to fill out your own individual journal page.
- Upload your completed spreadsheet to your individual journal page.
Shared Journal Assignment
- Store your journal entry in the shared BIOL367/F10:Class Journal Week 8 page. If this page does not exist yet, go ahead and create it.
- Link to the shared journal entry from your user page.
- Link the shared journal page to this assignment page.
- Sign your portion of the journal with the standard wiki signature shortcut
- Add the "BIOL367/F10" category to the end of the wiki page (if someone has not already done so).
- What was your initial comfort level with Excel before performing this exercise? Did your comfort level change? Why or why not?
- What advice would you give next year's class when performing this assignment?
- Do you think the original authors of the Merrell et al. (2002) paper adequately discussed their methods and results of their data analysis in their Nature paper? Why or why not?