Michael D. Tsifansky, M.D.
- 1995-1999: MD, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
- 1991-1995: BA, Biological Sciences, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 2006-2007: Senior Fellowship: Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2002-2006: Fellowship: Pediatric Pulmonology/Critical Care Medicine, MassGeneral Hospital for Children and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- 1999-2002: Internship and Residency: Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- 2006-present: ATLS provider
- 2006-present: Full medical license, PA
- 2006: Board-eligible: Pediatric Pumonology, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- 2005-2012: Diplomate of American Board of Pediatrics, General Pediatrics
- 2002-present: Full medical license, MA
- 2001-2002: Full medical license, presently inactive, MN
- 1999-present: PALS provider
- 1999: ECFMG certification
- 2006-2007: Clinical Fellow, Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2002-2006: Clinical Fellow, Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- 1999-2002: Clinical Fellow, Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- 2002-2006: Graduate Asst., Pediatrics, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, MA
- 2002-2006: Graduate Asst., Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- 2004-2006: Locum Tenens PICU Physician, Shriner Burns Hospital, Boston, MA
HONORS AND DISTINCTIONS:
- 2002-2004: CF Foundation Research and Clinical Fellowship Grant
- 1994: The Howard Hughes Grant for Undergraduate Research
- 1993: The University of Chicago Richter Grant for Undergraduate Research
- 2004-2006: Research Affiliate, Laboratory of Dr. Robert Langer, Dept. of Chemical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA: Formulation of dry-powder inhaled sustained-release antibiotic compounds
- 1993-1995: Research Assistant, Laboratory of Dr. Robert. Haselkorn, Dept. of Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL: Physical mapping and high-throughput sequencing of the genome of the bacterium R. capsulatus
TEACHING EXPERIENCE AND INVITED PRESENTATIONS:
- 2003-2005: Instructor, “Pediatric Emergencies and Procedures” (yearly CME course), Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- 2002-2006: Numerous invited presentations on ICU and pulmonary topics for residents, fellows and attendings, MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, MA
- 2004: Invited Presentation: Management of Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury, Boston MedFlight (Critical Care Aeromedical Transport), Hanscom Field USAF Base, MA
- 2003: Invited Presentations: (1) Management of Oxygenation in Pediatric ARDS and (2) Update on ICU Management of Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury, 2nd All-Russian Congress on Pediatric Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Moscow, Russia
- 2003: Invited Lecture: Physical Examination of Ear, Nose and Throat, Harvard/MIT program in Health, Science and Technology and MassGeneral Hospital for Children, Boston, MA
- 1995: Teaching Asst., Physiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 1995: Teaching Asst., Exper. Bacterial Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 1992-1993: Teaching Asst., Calculus, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Tsifansky M, Novisky N. 2006. Historia clinica y examen fisico del nino con enfermedades respiratorias. In Quinones E, Ugazzi M, F. D, Endara S, editors. Bases de Neumologia Pediatrica, ed., Quito. p 40-47.
- Tsifansky M, Novisky N. 2006. Manejo post-agudo de la displasia bronco-pulmonar (DBP). In Quinones E, Ugazzi M, F. D, Endara S, editors. Bases de Neumologia Pediatrica, ed., Quito, Equador. p 277-283.
- Fonstein M, Koshy E, Kumar V, Mourachov P, Nikolskaya T, Tsifansky M, Zhang S, Haselkorn R. 1998. Rhodobacter capsulatus SB1003. In Debruijn F, Lupski J, Weinstock G, editors. Bacterial Genomes: Physical Structure and Analysis, 1 ed.: Springer. p 723-729.
- Tsifansky M, Novisky N 2006. State-of-the-Art Review: Pathophysiology and Management of Pediatric Potentially-Fatal Asthma (in preparation).
- Tsifansky M, Yeo Y, Evgenov O, Bellas E, Benjamin J, Kohane D. Aerodynamic Profiles and Antipseudomonal Activity of Novel Dry-Powder Inhalable Particles (in preparation).