Mimulus Wiki talk
What is on the Mimulus Community Wiki page?
- Let's check out Mimulus Community
Why do we want to learn about the Wiki?
- It is an easy way for everyone to communicate about their research
- Todd Vision is going to use a Wiki for analysis of the genome
- We are the first hit on Google for "Mimulus Community" (and the 6th hit for "Mimulus")
Okay, so how do we edit the Wiki page?
What are some of things that I can do with my wiki page?
- Do wild formating
- Create links to favorite websites
- Upload and download useful spreadsheets
- Put pdfs and images on Wiki pages
- Help the Mimulus community better know what is out there!
Okay, I want to get started. What should I do?
- Contact David Lowry and ask to become a user.
What about this dewikify thing?
- It's in the works. In the meantime, it would be best if all new pages are created with the heading "Mimulus:Name." That way it will be easier to have everything become dewikified at once.
What is OpenWetWare?
It was founded by a group of scientists at MIT. The overall idea is open source biology that can easily be shared by all scientists. An article about its development can be found here.