Nikon TE2000 Microscope
Hamamatsu Digital CCD Camera C4742-80-12AG -- ORCA-AG Deep Cooled Digital Camera
This page explains why the 60X is as good as the 100X objective for our camera.
- It takes the lamp about 2 minutes to warm up.
- After a lamp has been turned off, it is a good idea to wait 30 min. before turning on again.
We have the following objectives:
(need to add the other features of these objectives, NA, working distance, etc.)
Solent incubation chamber
Power Mac G5 Dual Processor
Internal IP address - 192.168.4.102
For Mac OS X
Only "Graphics converter" and "Image J" can read the IPLab images directly. For ImageJ to open those images, you need to install a macro. Go to the Plugins Menu, choose "Macro", then "Install". Install the macro named OpenMacIPLab. The description of the file IPLab Mac format is in the User's Guide (Appendix), Other programs with a configurable "import" command may be able to open them once an specific configuration is set.
- Nikon MicroscopyU is a useful resource for learning more about the optics relevant to the scope.
- Molecular Expressions has general information related to microscopy. Some of this information appears to the the same as that offered by MicroscopyU.
- Image processing toolbox from Matlab.
Q:Someone mistakenly put oil on the 40X dry objective. What's the best procedure for cleaning that off, without causing damage to the lens?
A(from Barry Alpert):Use either ether or chloroform with a wooden handled q tip ( I know thw lab supply houses carry this item )and gently wipe the oil off the lens. DO NOT scrub , as it will damage the coating.