OpenWetWare:Design/Join OWW banner
- Jennyn 21:57, 12 March 2006 (EST): What about something like these? We can also make horizontal banners. Please comment.
- Jasonk 23:29, 12 March 2006 (EST):These look really great. It would also be cool to have a small rectangular banner that a lab could easily put at the bottom of their webpage, maybe something slightly larger than the Creative Commons banner at the bottom of this page.
- Austin 10:48, 13 March 2006 (EST): I'm not sure we should use the abbreviation OWW for advertising as it's meaningless without knowing what it refers to. It may also be fun to create an animated gif version. Also, we should have HTML code that people can just directly copy and paste to put into their webpage.
- RS 10:52, 13 March 2006 (EST): We can have animated one available, but I generally prefer the static version. It is less prone to screwups in different browsers and on different platforms. I also think that since the site is at the bottom, the "OWW" is not that ambigous. But I agree that it might be nice to have a wider and shorter one (i.e. a banner) available cause that might fit in certain spaces more easily.
- Jennyn 12:18, 13 March 2006 (EST): I think the OWW works since it's defined at the bottom. I was following along with the format of the PLoS banner. I will make a horizontal one for lab websites.