Possible T-Shirt Designs
- Jenny 12:53, 3 May 2007 (EDT): Click to zoom. T-shirt color can be changed, but after experimenting with colors, dark gray seemed most practical and looked best with the designs.
- Essentially the OWW sticker on the front of a t-shirt
- Handshake, "share your science"
- Possible back of the t-shirt
- Possible front of t-shirt with logo
Prices based on quote from CustomInk. ($ea/if order 90)
"My Shared Protocols"; 1 color front, 4 color back; $8.75/90
"Logo"; 4 color front, 0 color back; $7.68/90
"My Favorite Protocols"; 1 color front, 4 color back; $11.86/90
"Join OWW"; 4 color front, 0 color back; $10.75/90
"Logo Polo"; 4 color front, 0 color back; $10.94/90
"Logo .org"; 4 color front, 0 color back; $10.75/90
4 color front, 0 color back; $7.68/90
2 color front, 0 color back; $7.08/90
- Johncumbers 13:15, 3 May 2007 (EDT) I Jenny, I love 2 and 4, but the thick border around the circle looks too much like a no entry sign I think. could you make the colours of the hands in 2 blend into the circle color, and then have the change in color at the top and bottom of the circle... if you get what I mean, e.g half green half blue. 4 is also great, but perhaps a lighter color for the circle or no fill perhaps, again because it looks too much like a stop sign to me. cheers.. very cool.
- Jasonk 15:28, 25 September 2006 (EDT):Would it be too tough to do a colored shirt since the logo has so many colors in it? I like this by the way ;)
- Jennyn 10:06, 26 September 2006 (EDT): It wouldn't be tough at all. I tried doing this yesterday, but CustomInk shows the white in the background (in a really ugly way) but I'm sure if we submitted this, the artist that they have would be able to remove that. Will look into some other colors, though.
- Jasonk 12:42, 26 September 2006 (EDT): Nice! Do they have a polo-type shirt? Not sure how hard it would be to have the logo/text crammed into a small space like that though.
- Reshma 12:51, 26 September 2006 (EDT): I think the yellow tshirt color looks pretty good with the OWW logo colors. But I prefer the "standard" OWW logo with the .org addition (like on the black) to the "Join OWW" logo. I think the black tshirt looks pretty bad with the OWW logo colors. (I assume we are just ordering one kind of shirt?)
- Jennyn 17:01, 26 September 2006 (EDT): I just posted a possible design for a polo. I think anything more would look tacky. I completely agree with you, Reshma. Those colors do not look good on black. However, I like the front of the shirt, so many just putting "openwetware.org" on the back in white typewriter font might do the trick.
- BC 17:31, 26 September 2006 (EDT):I like these designs and agree with the comments above. I also like the original design below with the colored collar/sleeves. Could we get something similar from customink?
- Hartigan 21:00, 29 September 2006 (EDT):I think all the designs are very good and especially the original design below looks superb!!! I agree that the coloured logo on the black T-shirt is a little weird. Maybe a logo in grayscale would be more suitable on the black T-shirt.
- Hartigan 00:00, 3 October 2006 (EDT):This new design on the black T shirt (No 8) looks very cool!!!
Early T-Shirt Discussions
- Jennyn 14:47, 15 June 2006 (EDT): We should consider doing a collection of T-shirts like H-Lounge (ringtone start-up from MIT). That way, we can do Sri's awesome idea of the "[My Favorite Protocol]" shirt, and maybe put "openwetware.org" on the back or something. I'd love to get involved in this, also, by the way. I think the graphics that we have are cool, but more would be awesome!
- Jgritton 11:53, 17 July 2006 (EDT): This seems pretty easy to do. I made a mockup at cafepress of one possible design. It took about 2 minutes. Wikipedia has a store  with a design similar to the "[my favorite protocol]" mentioned above. We could possibly set something like the wikipedia store up and get a little bit of funds raised as well.
- --Johncumbers 17:55, 7 August 2006 (EDT) Nice one..